Saturday, January 8, 2011

The "unexpected" travelers have arrived.

As each American delegation arrives at eSibonisweni, the learners there sing a song that repeats the words, "We are together." I can hear the song ringing through me as I write. Yesterday was not an easy journey for our guests. They were searched and delayed in Atlanta, so they missed their connection. Security found them suspicious, apparently, as they repacked some bags in the airport. Well, I suppose they are unexpected travelers and that may push a security button or three! Eleven people flying internationally for the first time, many "traveling" anywhere, really, for the first time, must be quite a group to watch negotiate Atlanta's enormous international terminal. I hope that they will rest, eat, and then be generous enough to give us the play-by-play of their arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment