Saturday, January 8, 2011

First Day

Khaya says: Everything from today was good. I've seen a new page, something that I have never thought about. I am enjoying California for the first time in my life and it is very exciting for everyone. We are hoping to see even more exciting things. I slept well after all the travel. It was very quiet - a very good environment. People are so friendly and the natural beauty is very amazing. I saw redwood trees which are very tall. Houses are built on the sides of the mountains, which is amazing.

Dave says: Khaya got home last night at 9:00 - he went to bed pretty quickly and then we had breakfast in the morning. We met Zodwa and Simangele along with Donna, Lisa, Tom and Julie for coffee. Then we made a plan to hike in the western part of Marin County where there is a path through the forest. It was cold and a little rainy, but still gorgeous. Zodwa and Simangele met their first horse, owned by some people who had a ranch near where we hiked. We had lunch in Fairfax, and are just about to go to dinner with everyone. We have been talking about our different environments and cultures and learning a lot about each other's lives. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog!!! So happy to know they went out in the redwoods and spent first days here in nature! Dave and Donna, good stuff...Yes!!! Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gone are those days I wish I could come back again, we miss you guys🤗.

    Sincerely
    Sanele

    ReplyDelete