Sunday, January 9, 2011

Two Peas in a Pod...

It is inspiring to me that two women from two different continents can meet for the first time and be instant friends.  I was excited to meet our guests because I've been anticipating their arrival for so long. I met Zodwa Sithole, Third Grade teacher from eSibonisweni, Saturday morning and formed an instant bond.  We chatted as if we were old friends catching up after being apart for a while.  Last night, I sat with her for quite some time.  We shared family stories and ways of life.  I was amazed at how different our lives are, but at the same time we are so very similar.  We are teachers and mothers.  We love life, even its challenges.  We are full of energy and aren't afraid to show it!  It is very clear to me that we will learn so much from each other as she joins my classroom for the next couple of weeks.  We ARE two peas in a pod!

Saint Mark's School is fortunate to have such energetic, lovely guests from South Africa.  I am beaming because I am part of such a wonderful community.  I can't wait to see what the next couple of weeks holds in store for all of us!

-Julie Fritz


No comments:

Post a Comment